Sunday, August 21, 2005

Waking Up to Geneva

I just got in from a Saturday evening stroll through the old city, along Lac Leman and the Rhone River which cuts right thorough the centre of town. One thing that struck me, and this might sound strange, is that I'm in Europe. With all the moving around I've done lately and all the time I'm spending here at the office, it's easy to forget to stop and take notice of where you are and what you're doing. Walking around there are ancient stone buildings, sidewalk cafes with people smoking cigarettes and sipping espressos, jovial characters sipping wine and playing accordion in the parks, expensive watch stores on practically every corner (a bit reminiscent of Hong Kong!), very well dressed people and all the other clichés you can imagine. Pretty cool. I'll have to spend a bit more time with my eyes open - I guess I should take some pictures as well!
A.

No comments: