Tuesday, May 01, 2007

No Interpreter? No Point in Being Here!

CHONGQING - Damn. I arrived here in Chongqing and discovered that my interpreter, Helen, has left the city for the May Day holiday. She won't be back for a week. This might totally ruin my time here, since meeting up with the Chongqing Green Volunteers is my only reason for being here. Now I can't decide whether to head down the Yangtze River toward the Three Gorges Dam or head in the opposite direction towards Chengdu in Sichuan where I plan on meeting up with a professor.



I have some serious thinking to do...but I can't do it here. This filthy concrete-bunker style internet cafe has cockroaches skittering all over the place. I just flicked one off my leg. On the brighter side, I'm staying in a pretty nice place - it's just in a rather unsavoury part of town.

A.

No comments: